Celebrity Las Vegas chef Rick Moonen was in town last week to take part in a discussion panel at the Vancouver Aquarium on sustainable seafood alongside chefs Ned Bell from YEW Four Seasons and Robert Clark from the Fish Counter and to cook at a special dinner at YEW (interview to follow). Eater photographer Robyn Hanson went along to capture the action and watch Vancouverites dive into this season's Gooseneck Barnacles "... a saltwater delicacy which requires one to gnaw on the wrinkly tube (near the feeder filter "head") with your teeth, and then peel back the wrinkly tube with your fingers to reveal a pink slithery piece of meat that squirts saltwater when you bite it."
· Vancouver Aquarium [Official Site]
· YEW [Official Site]
· Fish Counter [Official Site]
· RM Seafood [Official Site]
· All Previous Ned Bell Coverage [EVAN]
· All Previous Robert Clark Coverage [EVAN]
· All Previous Ocean Wise Coverage [EVAN]