Night market season has arrived so we sent Eater Photographer Robyn Hanson into the fray of opening night to capture the action and report back.
· Line-ups are crazy this year; even arriving at 7.30p.m., the line-up spanned the entire parking lot. It took 15 minutes to get to the main gate to pay $2.25 to get in.
· It was impossible to get anywhere near the market favourites Chef James's BBQ lamb skewers and the Hurricane potatoes - the queue was over 100 people long. Our advice: do these first.
· The theme this year is Magical Candyland, lollipops are everywhere and there is a candy market selling obscure pretzels and Asian candies.
· Most grotesque item which may also be the most popular this year is a soft-serve ice cream filled tube.
· Richmond Night Market [Official Site]
· All Previous Night Market Coverage [EVAN]