Providing one of our favourite poses from the infamous Gastown Naked Bartender calender, we decided that we couldn't let Canada Day go by without celebrating with this most patriotic pin-up. We asked Robyn Gray, bartender at Hotel Georgia and Mamie Taylor's to share with us his top five places to celebrate Canada Day in the city.
[Photo credit: Asher Jones]
1. A glass of Okanagan white wine at Five Sails Restaurant at Canada place for the Canada Day fireworks at 10:30pm.
2. The Sylvia Hotel on English Bay to drink a Vancouver cocktail - the drink I'm making in the photo.
3. Nat Bailey Stadium for a baseball game and beers, cuz that's very Canadian. (And what I'm doing!).
4. Grouse Mountain for a rye and ginger on their patio with a view over all Vancouver.
5. Joe Fortes for a Gin Martini, lotsa vermouth and a lemon twist in one of Vancouver's oldest and most iconic rooms.
100% of all calendar sales goes to the B.C./Yukon Breast Cancer Foundation and the BC Prostate Cancer Foundation.
· All Previous Naked Bartender Coverage [EVAN]